Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Whoops!

Good Idea - Last night I had this great idea of making a little craft for our kitchen.  I gathered all of the materials, which might I add cost about $5, and got to work.  I was so excited to finally be doing a craft, I didn't realize exactly what I was doing...




Bad Idea - After A LOT of convincing, I finally got Sean to come to Saver's with me to get some old silverware I could spray paint.  Of course I wasn't going to use our own silverware, so we ran to the store and found the perfect trio.  Sean was preoccupied by a football game, which provided me with plenty of time to complete my project.  However, a midst the  excitement I had laid out several trio's of forks, knifes, and spoons including my own.  I couldn't wait any longer so I grabbed three and ran outside to start painting.  It wasn't until my second coat of paint that it hit me.  The Saver's bag was still on the table forks, knifes, and spoons still inside!  I had painted our very own silverware black.  I guess on the positive side it turned out kinda cute!

3 comments:

  1. Laur! This is so cute and made me laugh really hard. Crafting gets exciting and gets the best of you sometimes. :) I'll have to put this on my list of things to make once I get my own space! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I'm glad you got a laugh out of it! It was soooo easy to make, you should definitely do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute! Maybe I will have to try this...

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete